Track Of The Day: Steve Mason - Walking Away From Love

Former Beta Band man Steve Mason is very much free to do as he wishes musically. This time round, his latest track is a vibrant, lively offering topped with catchy verses and a generous dose of soul and blues. 'Walking Away From Love' is lifted from his upcoming fourth solo album 'About The Light', released in a few weeks time on January 18th.

“I decided with this album that I wanted to get my live band involved at every stage because I wanted to capture the energy that we produce when we play live shows, so this time the band and myself worked on a collection of songs over the course of last year,” he explains. “When I listen to this album it feels and sounds like the first ‘legitimate’ record that I have ever made. It’s hard to explain but it sounds like a ‘real’ album. I think that is partly the production, the playing and the work that I did with the band for all those months in our rehearsal room on the South Coast,” says Steve. “It’s a beautiful, confident, positive, angry, loving and gentle album which once again moves what I do forward,” he adds.  “David Bowie said that you should always be slightly out of your comfort zone if you want to achieve greatness, and for the first time perhaps ever, I deliberately pushed myself into that place. Who doesn’t want greatness?"

Steve Mason has also announced a run of UK shows around the release of the record.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...