Track Of The Day: SOAK - Everybody Loves You

Swooning vocal melodies, heavenly chords and blooming melancholic atmospheres drift over trip hop beats on this stunning track from SOAK. The Irish songwriter (real name Bridie Monds-Watson) released her debut album 'Before We Forgot How To Dream' via Rough Trade a few years ago in 2015. Hopefully, a second full-length is on the horizon.

According to Watson, the wondrous 'Everybody Loves You' is "a song about extreme denial. More specifically about my stubborn ability to convince myself I don’t want something that I do and blind my rational thought process. I suppose in this case, as a way of self-protection and avoiding vulnerability. The lift at the end of the song (“Everybody wants you, And I do too”) represents the almost comedic/foolish acceptance of my own feelings. A 360 turn of events in which I then so desperately want all that I had rejected and pushed away. A consistent theme of my younger self..."


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...