The Vault: Mercury Rev - 'Holes'

Time for another edition of a brand new feature. While Track Of The Day brings you new music and Rewind takes you back 20 years, The Vault deals in amazing songs from random points in musical history. RW/FF will keep these posts short and sweet, with only a small bit of basic info. All you have to do is press 'play' and enjoy.

Since it's October and the nights are getting darker earlier, I've decided to feature a few of the songs that remind me of autumn. This one reminds me of my evenings in 1998, from a masterpiece of an album by Mercury Rev. Due to the amount of acclaim the critics were giving it, I didn't think it lived up to the hype at first, but the beautiful 'Deserters Songs' was an album that grew on me over the years. From it is this stunning opening track. 'Deserter's Songs' was the New York band's fourth full-length effort, and was released in September 1998. It went to number 27 in the UK album charts and earned the band a gold disc.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...