Track Of The Day: Spiritualized - Sail On Through

Gentle, wondrous hymnal magic from the latest Spiritualized album 'And Nothing Hurt'. 
The LP was conceived and recorded almost entirely by Jason Pierce, AKA J. Spaceman – in an upstairs room in his east London home.

“Making this record on my own sent me more mad than anything I’ve done before. We’d been playing these big shows and I really wanted to capture that sound we were making but, without the funds to do, I had to find a way to work within the constraints of what money I had. So I bought a laptop and made it all in a little room in my house. The biggest thing for me was to try to make it sound like a studio session. But I was new to it all, I didn’t have all the short cuts people use as when they’re making records – I just sat there for weeks… for months… moving every level up bit by bit just to try to get the sounds right.”

'And Nothing Hurt' was featured in RW/FF's Albums Of The Year 2018 list. Read the full list HERE.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...