20 YEARS AGO: Beastie Boys - Putting Shame In Your Game

The Beastie Boys were the first band to introduce hip hop into my musical world, a considerable feat bearing in mind that I hated anything rap-related before the late 90s. 1998's crazily eclectic 'Hello Nasty' was the album that broke down those boundaries, and turned the legendary trio into one of my favourites. From it here is the super heavy 'Putting Shame In Your Game'...

"Don't grease my palm with your filthy cash

Multinationals spreading like a rash
I might stick around or I might be a fad
But I won't sell my songs for no TV ad"

'Hello Nasty' was the group's fifth studio album, and sold 681,000 copies in its first week, debuting at #1 on the Billboard 200 album sales chart. 



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...