REWIND: The Clash - 'Deny'

It's been a while since I featured anything by The Clash. FAR too long in fact. Especially when you consider that they were the most-played band in my household about 11 years ago, during my five year "punk phase" that the group inspired. It was the seminal 'London Calling' that I bought first, in fact it was my very last musical purchase of the 90s... I remember buying the CD from HMV in Bath on New Year's Eve 1999. A fine way to end a century. But today's selection comes from the band's debut album from 1977. Which I bought on CD from a record shop in Barnsley back in the summer of 2000. I've now upgraded to vinyl versions of all the band's albums (except for the woeful 'Cut The Crap'), and bought the debut from Plastic Wax in Bristol for about £4 a few years ago. An absolute bargain.

The superb Everything And The Kitchen Sink online radio show and blog features a whole section dedicated to the utter legend that was Joe Strummer. Having broadcast two Strummer tribute specials last year in 2013, the site's host Nikki is soon putting together another show dedicated to the punk icon. After putting out an offer for requests from The Clash's classic debut, I suggested the venomous 'Deny', a great track that people never seem to talk about. So here it is...





Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...