SONG FOR TODAY: The B-52's - Rock Lobster

For those not familiar with the concept of 'Song For Today', it is a daily feature of this blog, bringing you an excellent track every day. The new series of 'Song For Today' is an A to Z of some of the vinyl records that I own, all from different genres. As before I will try and not use a band or artist that has already featured in 'Song For Today'..... Today we reach 'B'....


The B-52's - album coverBefore hearing this album, my memories of the B-52's consisted only of 'Love Shack' and their awful 'Flintstones' theme tune. But after hearing 'Rock Lobster' and being surprised to learn that it was the music of The B-52's, my opinions on the group changed. Soon I found a copy of their self titled debut album in a charity shop, that was too cheap to resist at a mere 50p. Unfortunately the record turned out to be warped, and as a result it sounds rather wonky when played. It'll do for now until I find a better copy. Here is the classic 'Rock Lobster', a reminder of how brilliant this band once were.....



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...