REWIND: Astronaut - Stone Cold Sober

Those not familiar with the concept of 'Song For Today' should be aware that I do an A to Z series of great songs, one for every day, and for the last few weeks I have been running you through an A to Z of lost late 90's/early 00's indie classics, mostly from forgotten bands.

I've gone from A all the way to W, but couldn't find any lost indie classics from the late 90's/early 00's that were made by any artists beginning with Q, X,Y or Z. So to make up for that I'm including some extra tracks. Today I was going to conclude the series with one final song, but I've decided to throw an extra one in tomorrow. Today we have my favourite of ALL late 90's lost indie classics...

I first heard 'Stone Cold Sober' by Astronaut on The Evening Session as I did with many records of the era. I loved this track, and also liked its B-Side 'Everytime'. Astronaut's next single 'Just Can't Take It' was released a few months later and was also fantastic. The group released a mini album 'Preview', which I only got round to investigating a few weeks ago. Since doing some research into the band I found out that they released another album 'The Curse Of' in the early 2000's before splitting in 2007. The lead singer and songwriter Alex Eckford now writes music for television, including the award winning sitcom 'Miranda'.

So here's 'Stone Cold Sober'. Expect a feature on Astronaut and their music soon......


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...