Track Of The Day: Paul Weller - 'White Sky'

The Modfather himself Paul Weller returns with his brand new album 'Saturn's Pattern' on May 11. It will be his 12th studio album and the first since 2012's 'Sonik Kicks'. It will comprise of nine tracks, including this heaving blast of space-age blues-rock that Weller has unveiled as the first taste of the LP.

"I think it's one of the best things I've done. And it's been a pleasure doing it. There's been no headaches," Weller said. "I can't compare it to any of my other albums. I think it's different not just for me, but different from what else is around. It's been pretty quick, really. We did a bit of work before the summer, then I took a break because I was out on the road. We started back in October. It's taken us a couple of months, maybe." Excitingly, 'Saturn’s Pattern' features a “kazoo through a fuzzbox” and was recorded with his usual bandmates Steve Cradock and Andy Lewis, as well as members of psychedelic jazz group Syd Arthur. Weller has said that the album is "certainly progressive in the literal sense of the word. It's defiantly 21st Century music." 



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...