REWIND: David Bowie - 'Five Years'

Today (January 8) is the birthday of one of my musical heroes, the great David Bowie. Although I'm still to be convinced by the pair of new tracks he released last year as part of yet another Best Of collection, I still rate his 2013 comeback LP 'The Next Day' as a fine piece of work. You can read my review of that album HERE

You can also read an article I wrote around that same time, entitled 'What Bowie Means To Me' HERE. Today I'm going to feature the opening track from one of the albums that had the biggest impact on me during my youth, despite it being released over two decades earlier. 'Five Years' is the stunning opener from 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars', Bowie's fifth studio album, which despite being one of the most iconic records of all-time, peaked no higher than No. 5 in the UK charts.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...