REWIND: Peter Tosh - 'Reggaemylitis'

Here's one that I used to hear on the record player when I was young, since my Dad owned a copy. Yes, Peter Tosh's 1981 album 'Wanted Dread Or Alive' was one of the first reggae albums that I became interested in, mainly thanks to this irresistible tale of going to see the doctor. Backed by a host of musicians including legendary session men Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare, 'Wanted Dread and Alive' also featured the female tones of The Tamlins, known as reggae's most recognizable back-up singers. When my Dad moved out of our old house in the mid 90's, he left his copy of the record behind. When he moved to France in the late part of the decade, the LP remained at the house. Now it's part of my collection and another nice relic from my youth. But if my Dad ever does wish to have it back, I can always buy myself another copy. It would be money well spent...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...