REWIND: James - 'Waltzing Along'

Quite unbelievable that I haven't featured a James song as a 'Rewind' selection since the feature began, but finally here is one to celebrate the fact that their first full-length LP in six years is on its way. 'La Petite Mort' (named after the French term for orgasm) is out on June 2, and the first preview of the album (more a teaser track rather than a single) has just been released in the form of 'Frozen Britain'. However I'm not keen enough on the song to feature it as a Track Of The Day, so here's a classic from the 1997 album 'Whiplash', the record which made me a fan of the band after hearing the singles 'She's A Star' and the sensational 'Tomorrow'. I was actually going to feature the latter today, but since the sun is out for the first time in month I thought I'd pick a sunny one, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's one of the rare tracks that I prefer the single edit of rather than the version on the album, since the structure is a lot more effective. It reached number 23 in the charts and was the last single to be lifted from the album. I can remember buying the singles from 'Whiplash' back in the day, which were all released in three parts. It was the age of multi-format CD singles after all. There were some fantastic B sides featured on them too. I finally got to see James live for the first time ever last year when they played a fantastic gig with Echo And the Bunnymen in Bristol, which a review of can be seen HERE.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...