REWIND: Pulp - 'Live Bed Show'

In my weekly RW/FF With Ben P Scott columns, I go back in time and relive my memories of the music that soundtracked my life, and for the last few months I have been recalling the music of 1995. 

This song ties in nicely with my current recollections of 1995, and is also an appropriate choice for this exact date. Why? Because the legendary Jarvis Cocker turns 50 years old today. Many happy returns Sir. I was brought a CD copy of 'Different Class' for Christmas in 1995, which soon became a huge favourite of mine and a regular fixture on my stereo... Or should I say my parents' stereo downstairs, since all I had at the time in my bedroom was an old all-in-one tape, radio and vinyl deck. By this point everyone had heard 'Common People' and 'Disco 2000' so many times that I became more interested in the album tracks and songs which weren't hit singles. 'Live Bed Show' displayed a seedier and somewhat smuttier side to the band, and although it's mischievious it has a dark power which 'Different Class' would be lacking without. I've STILL never had the chance to witness Pulp live, so I am hoping that perhaps next week Jarvis and co will announce more shows. Please... 

Anyway, happy birthday Jarvis. May your day be a splendid one...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...