SONG FOR TODAY: Mainstream - Step Right Up

During the late 1990's/ear;y 2000's Replay Records in Bath was an excellent place for all the new releases. And after hearing Steve Lamacq play Mainstream's 'Step right Up', I knew it would be worth the 99p I paid for it. Years later while compiling this series of lost indie classics for this run of 'Song For Today', I decided to check out the album that Mainstream released, since I'd only heard the single over a decade before. As it turns out, the album is rather good.... but there's definitely at least two tracks I'd have left out. 'Step Right Up' is not one of them. More on this band and their album to be posted on this blog soon....


Comments

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...