Track Of The Day: Further Reductions - 'High End Basics'

About a week or so ago, I checked my Twitter feed and found The Quietus raving about an album by an act I had never heard of before, describing it as "a profound grasp on the history of techno, house, and dark electronic music". The artist was named as Further Reductions, and the album they were talking about was called 'Workflow'. Well, at least that's what they said. Intrigued by the sound of this and wanting to know exactly what it was like, I went off on an internet search for places where I might be able to stream or preview the album. All I found was a stream of this track, but it was enough to keep me happy for the time being. Today I decide to feature it as Track Of The Day, and discover that the album is in fact called 'Woodwork' and not 'Workflow' like The Quietus suggested. So that brings me a step closer to hearing this album... The dark, raw and hypnotic (not to mention rather frightening) tribal pulse of 'High End Basics' opens the record from the Brooklyn duo in powerful fashion. Shawn O’Sullivan and Katie Rose formed Further Reductions in 2008 as an outlet for their shared passion of electronic dance music. Released a few weeks ago on April 30, 'Woodwork' is a limited edition of 999 copies pressed on 160 gram clear vinyl with purple and silver splatter, presented in a high gloss printed LP jacket. Order your copy via the link below...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...