REWIND: Spiritualized - 'Electricity'

So, since I've got myself rather wound up at the words of a few silly critics, I've spent a lot of this week posting songs that prove Britpop wasn't "damaging" for everyone and to prove that it did anything but "set music back". But I'm not posting anything from the Britpop scene itself, just wildly differing acts who I probably wouldn't have discovered it the guitar pop of the mid 90s didn't lead me there. Today it's Spiritualized, who I first heard of when their highly charged 'Electricity' was featured on a CD that came free with Select magazine back in 1997. And why did I start reading Select? To read about Blur, Oasis, Suede, Pulp and all the other British guitar groups that were causing a stir. So say what you like about Britpop, but don't make the mistake of claiming that it held people back from more interesting music... Spiritualized are one of the bands playing at Hyde Park on July 5, the big gig that will see The Libertines reunite. Maybe the quality of the other bands on the bill (including The Pogues and I Am Kloot) is the real reason why the event's capacity has been increased...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...