REWIND: The Grid - 'Diablo' (The Devil Rides Out Mix)

Like most people, I first heard of The Grid when their banjo favouring smash hit 'Swamp Thing' invaded the charts in the mid 90s. Oddly it took me many years to hear more of their music, although I recognised the name Richard Norris when he worked with Joe Strummer And The Mescaleros in the early 2000s. A couple of years ago, a track by The Time And Space Machine entitled 'Pill Party In India' arrested my ears and made me aware that Norris was producing music under another new name. Then last week I decided to play a CD compilation called 'Fused', which included The Grid's 'Diablo', a Spanish-flavoured slice of trancey house from the mid 90s. Impressed, I've decided to feature it as today's 'Rewind' selection. Up until today, I had absolutely no idea that one half of The Grid (Dave Ball) was a member of Soft Cell! Think I may have to track down one of their albums now...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...