REWIND: Shocking Blue - 'Love Buzz'

Well here's something I never knew... This "Nirvana song" is actually a cover of an old 60's number! I've found this out after considering the Seattle grunge combo's version for my '12 Of The Best' feature that I have just published to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death. The reason I didn't include this one is because I have only just found out that Cobain didn't actually write it! Proto funk beats, psychedelica and sitars? It's only that unsettling vibe that remains on Nirvana's rendition. Shocking Blue were a rock band from the Netherlands, formed in 1967. They were best known for their hit, 'Venus', which was a U.S number one in 1970. The band had sold 13.5 million discs by 1973, but disbanded in 1974.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...