REWIND: Black Machine - 'How Gee'

Sometimes I'm sat listening to the radio (not shitty commercial FM stations of course) and hear a track I haven't heard for ages. Sometimes the track jogs my memory to such an extent that I feel an uncontrollable urge to feature it as a 'Rewind' selection. So here's something which I just heard on Radcliffe And Maconie's BBC 6Music show, although I can't remember where and when I last heard it. I must have owned it on a compilation years ago because it certainly sounds familiar. 'How Gee' is a single from Italian house-hip hop act Black Machine, who consisted of Marius Percali, Ottorino Menardi and Pippo Landro. By the looks of it they were a bit of a one-hit wonder, as this sax-heavy club smash proved to be their only big success. It was originally released in 1991 before being reissued several times in different countries. They released two LP's, 'Black Machine: The Album' and 'Love and Peace', as well as a string of singles throughout the 90s. Are they still going? My research so far hasn't answered that question...


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...