A-Z: The Aggrolites - 'Dirty Reggae'

Here's another in my '1 To Z' series. While I was heavily into punk and ska in the mid 2000's, I bought a lot of value-for-money compilation albums that would feature tracks from a lot of the bands I was hearing at the time. Rancid frontman Tim Armstrong was the man who spawned Hellcat Records, a label that brought together the punk acts, the reggae acts and the ska acts who sat in between. They even had the great Joe Strummer at one point. Altogether an interesting combination of things that all stood for what Armstrong believed in, although I heard something about the hardcore anti-bigotry outfit Leftover Crack ending their involvement with Hellcat after the label signed the notoriously homophobic Jamaican artist Buju Banton. All of the Hellcat acts featured on the 'Give Em The Boot' compilations, which I still own three volumes of. This superb bit of reggae-funk from The Aggrolites can be found on Volume IV of the series.




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...