Track Of The Day: Euros Childs - 'Tête-à-Tête'

I like that new track from Euros Childs, him who used to be in Gorky's Zygotic Mynci. I only really knew three of the singles they released in the late 90's, all great tracks, and although I was a bit disappointed with the Jonny album Childs made with Teenage Fanclub's Norman Blake, I was intrigued to hear what his solo stuff was like. 

Almost like something off 'The White Album', 'Tête-à-Tête' is a jaunty, jolly number that really gets into your head after a while, and I also love the way the guitars gently harmonise with the chords, as bizarre lyrics alert the ears every so often (there are corpses beneath my ice rink" and even more brilliantly, "I'm not going to dress up like your mother anymore"). 

The album 'Situation Comedy' is out on October 21.





Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...