REWIND: Can - 'Vitamin C'


After hearing about them via various interviews with Primal Scream, 'Halleluwah' was the first Can song that I ever heard. This was back in the very late 90's, and it then took me at least a decade to listen to a Can album. I chose the aforementioned track as a 'Song For Today' about a year ago (HERE), and I was recently reminded that I wanted one of my daily 'Rewind' selections to be 'Vitamin C'. I was reminded when it was played by local Frome FM DJ Jimjam Wigwam when he sat in for another presenter's show recently (which can be heard HERE), and Jim's own monthly show is also essential listening. His massively eclectic vinyl-based broadcasts can be heard HERE. 

In regards to the music of Can, an epic 17 piece vinyl box set is released on December 2, containing 13 of the band’s classic albums, alongside 'Out Of Reach', which has been unavailable in any official format since its original release in 1978 plus 'Can Live', a bonus live disc featuring the classic Can line up of Holger Czukay (bass), Michael Karoli (guitar), Jaki Liebezeit (drums) and Irmin Schmidt (keyboards) 'Can Live' was recorded at Sussex University in 1975. 

More info on that can be found HERE at the Mute Records website



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...