Track Of The Day: Parquet Courts - Freebird II

Another superb track taken from the American band's sixth studio album 'Wide Awake!' On working with producer Danger Mouse, frontman Andrew Savage said, "I personally liked the fact that I was writing a record that indebted to punk and funk, and Brian’s a pop producer who’s made some very polished records. I liked that it didn’t make sense."

"There's this duality between joy and anger that I find to be really interesting, and that's something the record kind of deals with at large. I always thought it was really interesting how hardcore could be such an angry music form but could make you feel so positive. There's a lot of moments on the record when all of us are singing at the same time and I guess that's something I kind of associate with hardcore, or Funkadelic."

Director: Claes Nordwall
Producer: Brittany Reeber 
Producer: David Yoonha-Park 



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...