ADVENT CALENDAR: Dec 15th: Paul McCartney - 'Wonderful Christmas Time'

Although I do like to use the RW/FF Advent Calendar to point people towards overlooked Christmas tracks that they probably won't have been drowned in while out in the shops, sometimes I just have to go with the songs that mean the most to me over the festive period. And this one is as festive as it gets really. Yes it's overplayed and to call it well known would be an understatement, but I absolutely love the sparkling keyboard sounds on Paul McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmas Time'. Despite the fact that I love it so much, some music critics consider it to be one of McCartney's poorest compositions, and a few websites have bafflingly voted it the worst Christmas song of all-time. I must admit the single's B-side, a reggae version of 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer' performed on a keyboard, was probably Macca's creative low point. The delightful A side was released in 1979, and was performed and recorded entirely by Paul during the sessions for his album 'McCartney II', which is probably my favorite post-Beatles McCartney record.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...