RW/FF With Ben P Scott #20

This week: no words, just music. Some of the best new tracks from the last few weeks, plus choice selections from the best recent albums. Includes Suede, Beck, Field Harmonics, The Last Sound, Nine Inch Nails, Laura Marling, Jagwar Ma, Beady Eye, Miles Kane, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Pastels, White Lies, Borads Of Canada, Hookworms, No Ceremony and Zed Penguin. In the "rewind" part, a collection of classic tracks from the glorious year that was 1995, including Pulp, McAlmont And Butler, Black Grape, Ash, Elastica, Edwyn Collins, The Boo Radleys, Supergrass, Paul Weller, the Longpigs, Blur and Menswear...

Firstly, let me apologise once again for the lack of a column last Friday. After trying for a while, I've finally found myself a new job. But the hours are difficult and getting myself into a new sleeping routine has thrown the last two weeks into chaos. It was also my birthday a couple of days ago (June 12th), so this week I'm afraid the column will sacrifice my usual writing to bring you the most important stuff: the music. I will say ONE thing though: the Jagwar Ma album 'Howlin'' is an incredible piece of work... Check it out forthwith...

SUEDE - FALLING PLANES (B-SIDE OF 'HIT ME' SINGLE)


BECK - DEFRIENDED (NEW SINGLE)


FIELD HARMONICS - EVERYONE



NINE INCH NAILS - CAME BACK HAUNTED



BEADY EYE - I'M JUST SAYING



QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - FAIRWEATHER FRIENDS



JAGWAR MA - THE THROW



BOARDS OF CANADA - REACH FOR THE DEAD (FROM THE NEW ALBUM 'TOMORROW'S HARVEST)



MILES KANE - OUT OF CONTROL



THE PASTELS - SUMMER RAIN



HOOKWORMS - RADIO TOKYO



LAURA MARLING - WHERE CAN I GO?



NO CEREMONY/// - FEEL SO LOW



THE LAST SOUND - THREE ROCK



WHITE LIES - GETTING EVEN



ZED PENGUIN - HEATHENS


1995
Some classic tracks from the days of my youth... Read about my memories of 1995 in these recent RW/FF columns...


PULP - COMMON PEOPLE


MCALMONT AND BUTLER - YES


BLACK GRAPE - REVEREND BLACK GRAPE


ASH - GIRL FROM MARS


ELASTICA - WAKING UP


EDWYN COLLINS - A GIRL LIKE YOU


THE BOO RADLEYS - WAKE UP BOO


SUPERGRASS - MANSIZE ROOSTER


PAUL WELLER - THE CHANGINGMAN


LONGPIGS - SHE SAID


BLUR - THE UNIVERSAL


MENSWEAR - DAYDREAMER



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...