SONG FOR TODAY: Cat Stevens - Was Dog A Doughnut

So some of you eagle-eyed readers may have discovered that this week I have been featuring tracks from a certain compilation as 'Song For Today''s. The compilation in question is New Order's contribution to the 'Back To Mine' collection. Featuring a brilliant mixture of indie, acid house, krautrock and much more, I was surprised to find a CAT STEVENS track in amongst them. Even more surprised was I when I heard the song... I had to double check that they didn't make a printing error, but I found out that this track IS in fact the same man who wrote 'Father And Son' and 'Moonshadow'! Released in 1977, 'Was Dog a Doughnut' is one of the first electro or techno-pop songs ever recorded, as well as an early example of hip hop music...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...