SONG FOR TODAY: Frank Wilson - Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)

So here is the first SONG FOR TODAY in almost two weeks. I was saddened to hear about the death of Frank Wilson, who I had only recently got into due to his classic 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)' recently being covered by DodgyFrank Wilson (born Frank Edward Wilson, December 5, 1940 – September 27, 2012) was an African American songwriter and record producer for Motown Records. 

Earlier, Wilson had also tried his hand at being a recording artist himself, recording the single "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)" for release on the Motown subsidiary label 'Soul.' Supposedly 250 demo 45s were pressed, but by that time Wilson decided he would rather focus on producing and he had the demos trashed. Somehow at least two known copies survived, one of which fetched over £25,000 in May 2009.

Because of the scarcity of the original single and the high quality of the music (it was one of the most popular records in the Northern soul movement), it has been championed as one of the rarest and most valuable records in history (along with other "impossible to find" records by such acts as Bessie Smith, Louis Armstrong, and the Five Sharps). Wilson sadly died on September 27, 2012 after a long battle with prostate cancer... An obituary from The Guardian can be read HERE


Recommend Mr Scott:Music On Google
Like Mr Scott:Music On Facebook
Music Blog Directory

Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...