SONG FOR TODAY: Roger McGuinn - 'Ballad Of Easy Rider'

Anyone who knows me knows that I am notoriously fussy about films... most of them fail to capture my attention for long periods of time, but EASY RIDER was a film that pleased me to a great degree. Its soundtrack was awesome too, and while most people remember it for Steppenwolf's 'Born To Be Wild', here is a wonderful track that perfectly captures the free spirit of the movie... While on a random charity shop expedition I found a vinyl copy of songs from the film's soundtrack and this sounds utterly sublime, as does the rest of it..... The song was written by Roger McGuinn with input from Bob Dylan (although Dylan is not credited as a co-writer) for the 1969 film. It was later issued in an alternate version as a single by McGuinn's band The Byrds on October 1, 1969.

Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...