REWIND: Kadoc - 'The Nighttrain'

More wonderful music from 1996 as RW/FF takes you aboard a musical TARDIS on a journey through musical history. If you weren't around or were too young to remember the mid 90s, consider this a lesson of enlightenment. If you (like me) were lucky enough to experience it all first time around, then these posts are a fine nostalgic blast from the blast.

1996 was a golden year for electronica and dance music. At the time I was a very young DJ, taking to the decks at a club that my Dad used to manage in Corsham. And this is a track that I would lay regularly back in those fondly-remembered days. I know very information about Kadoc, but my research suggests that it was a project helmed by Spanish DJs/producers David Penn and DJ Chus. The song samples 'Night Train' by James Brown and was originally a club hit in 1995, before gaining mainstream chart success the following year. It was released on the Positiva label and reached number 14 in the UK singles chart.

Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...