REWIND: The Bucketheads - The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall into My Mind)

The weekend is here, and so is the traditional Friday Banger. To run alongside my regular retrospective look at the singles charts from 20 years ago (a lot of which can be found HERE) today's Friday Banger is a house classic from 1995, which reached number 5. 'The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall into My Mind)' was produced by Masters At Work member Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez, and features samples from Chicago's 1979 track 'Street Player', although the subtitle of the song is a mondegreen; the actual lyrics from the Chicago sample are "Street sounds swirling through my mind...". This song was later featured on the project's only album 'All In The Mind' and is one of only a few dance tracks that I've always preferred the radio edit of...


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...