REWIND: Usura - Open Your Mind

The traditional weekend banger on this occasion is a big club hit from the early 90s and one that I vividly remember hearing during my days as a kid. U.S.U.R.A. were an Italian dance act made up of Giacomo Maiolini, Walter Cremonini and Alessandro Gilardi, who scored a number 7 hit in the UK with this in 1992. I remember being rather weirded out when I used to see the trippy video which morphed the faces of Ronald Reagan, Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Ian Paisley, Margaret Thatcher, Richard Nixon, Mary Whitehouse, and Joe McCarthy. Up until they disbanded in 1998, hey were quite successful in their native Italy, scoring another five Top 10 hits and two others which reached the Top 20. 'Sweat', the follow up to 'Open Your Mind' went to number 29 in the UK.

More of my musical memories from the early 90s can be read HERE.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...