REWIND: Beastie Boys - 'Sure Shot'

Some days it feels like I'm being given a sign that a particular artist or song should feature on the blog that day. Today is one of those days, since the music of the Beastie Boys has been rotating through my head all day, despite not having listened to them in a few weeks. Because I only got into them in 1998, it took me a while to realise what an awesome album 1994's 'Ill Communication' was. But now I know. I know very well. Here is the explosively funky opener 'Sure Shot'. 

I'd also like to use this opportunity to congratulate Mike D and Ad-Rock for winning their copyright battle against the Monster beverage corporation, which was initiated in 2012 after the company illegally used Beastie Boys' music in one of their ads. Justice has been done. 



Comments

  1. Great song! I was a HUGE Beastie Boys back in the late 80s and into the 90s...they sort of lost me after Hello Nasty (which I liked) but still, their stuff during that decade was so good, and this song is no exception.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...