1 To Z: Alpinestars - '77 Sunset Strip'

To make up for there not being a 'Rewind' track yesterday, I thought I'd better do an installment of the '1 To Z' feature where I am gradually building up an alphabetical list of artists everyone needs to hear. Here's one from Alpinestars, an electronica duo from Manchester who were active mostly in the late 90's and early 2000's. This single is from 2000 and was taken from the album 'B.A.S.I.C' which came out the same year. I bought the 12" single upon its release, and if i remember rightly I bought it from Replay records in Bath, as with most the records of the time. I never got round to hearing the LP, but I may find a cheap copy one day and take a chance on it. It would definitely be worth an investment if the rest of it it were as wonderful as the hazy synth dream that is '77 Sunset Strip'....




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...