Track Of The Day: Richard Fearless - 'Higher Electronic States'

Drone is a newly formed London-based label founded by Richard Fearless of the legendary Death In Vegas. Described as "an outlet for dancefloor distortion and other musical explorations", Drone promises to "release oscillations in many forms." I have the feeling that there's certainly not going to be any guest vocals from Liam Gallagher and Paul Weller on these tracks... Hailed as "music made for very dark, smoke filled rooms with absurd lazers", the deep, hypnotic pulse of 'Higher Electronic States' pushes analogue funk and acid house flavours firmly into the 21st century, becoming more dense and uncontrollable as it builds over the course of 7 astounding minutes. Of the video, Fearless says: "I wanted to do a video that was more related to my more conceptual based abstract photography I'm doing at the moment. With the record I wanted to make a track I could end my sets with and I didn't want to do a video that competed against it, but instead to do a non narrative film to simply drive Higher Electronic States." The song is released on May 19, and comes backed with a remix by D’Marc Cantu.




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...