REWIND: Daniel Avery - 'Drone Logic'

Something utterly brilliant I discovered only recently! How is this so? Oh well, better late than never. All this week, I have been featuring diverse selections that have all become known to me thanks to Britpop. OK, so some of these links may be tenuous, but they still highlight the fact that I wouldn't be a part of the alternative music scene if it wasn't for what crashed into the mainstream in the mid 90s. How the hell could the music Daniel Avery makes have anything to do with Britpop you ask? I first heard it (or should I say I first took notice of it) on BBC 6Music, a station I began listening to after finding out Steve Lamacq had a show on there. And how do I know about Steve Lamacq? Because he used to host Radio 1's legendary Evening Session, a show that I started listening to because they played the Britpop bands that I liked. See?



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...