REWIND: Curtis Mayfield - 'Never Say You Can't Survive'

Curtis Mayfield was one of those artists who sadly came to my attention after learning of his death. It was a bit of a coincidence that I had become a massive fan of Primal Scream, who in their press interviews at the time were citing Mayfield as an important influence. A little while after that (in 2000 as I recall) I found a copy of the incredible compilation 'Give It Up: The Best Of The Curtom Years 1970-1977' for £2.99 in my local branch of Kwik Save! Unlikely, eh? Ironically that trip to the supermarket gifted me with some of the finest sounds to ever reach my ears. Since then I have been investigating the studio albums one by one, but still haven't got round to listening to 1977's 'Never Say You Can't Survive'. I think I ought to, since the title track is one of my all-time favourites: tender, sensuous and utterly blissful...




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...