REWIND: Ian Brown - 'Nah Nah'

A track from Ian Brown's 1998 debut solo album 'Unfinished Monkey Business'. Bizarrely, I discovered John Squire's other band The Seahorses before I even got into The Stone Roses (although I was a fan of 'Fool's Gold') and only knew the Manchester legends as "the band the guy from The Seahorses used to be in". Blimey. In late 1997 I heard a documentary on the Roses which was broadcast on Radio 1, and immediately fell in love with the music that I heard during it. It was actually just before Brown released his first solo material. I actually bought a promo CD copy of the 'My Star' single, which came in a black bin bag sleeve. 

The album certainly didn't make a secret of the feud he and Squire went through in the late 90's and 2000's. From it 'Nah Nah' contains the line "you stuck your neck out, gosh at least a thousand times", probably a dig at the guitarist's cocaine use. Who ever thought they'd patch things up and get back together? Proves that anything is possible. Now where's that third album lads?

Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...