REWIND: Eels - 'Fresh Feeling'

I'm looking forward to the new Eels album, which is released on April 22nd. But I have to say that Mark 'E' Everett and his outfit haven't released a proper classic since the glorious 'Daisies Of The Galaxy', which is my favourite Eels album along with 1998's 'Electro Shock Blues'. 2001's 'Souljacker' featured material co-written with PJ Harvey collaborator John Parrish and was a darker and grittier affair based around characters rather than E's own experiences. But it did feature this irresistible display of sweetness which was bizarrely never released as a single. 'Fresh Feeling' also re-uses a beautiful string part from another Eels song, 'Selective Memory' from 'Daisies Of The Galaxy'. I may just feature some brand new Eels on this site over the coming days, but for now I have to publish this wonderful 2001 classic which has been occupying my headspace for much of the day...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...