1 To Z: Adequate Seven - 'Free The Adequate Seven'

After not featuring a '1 To Z' entry throughout February due to me being busy on God Is In The TV's 'Britpop Month', the feature where I attempt to include every single band and artist in my collection is back. Today's pick is from a band who I used to hear a lot of on 'The Lock Up', a late night show on Radio One hosted by Mike Davies that I used to religiously listen to during my punk rock phase of 2003-2009. Mixing ska, funk, hardcore punk and hip hop, Adequate Seven hailed from Cardiff and released their debut album 'Songs of Innocence and of Experience' in 2003 to critical acclaim. Over six years they supported the likes of Hundred Reasons, Capdown, The Suicide Machines, Fishbone, Cypress Hill and The Slackers on tour, and released their second album 'Here On Earth' in 2006. A split live DVD with Manchester ska-punk-hip hop crew Sonic Boom Six was planned for release, but was cancelled when Adequate Seven announced they were splitting in 2006. 



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...