REWIND: The Cranberries - 'Linger'

So on Monday night, I broadcasted my weekly radio show The BPS Broadcast from Melksham Town Sound's new purpose-built studios. Mine being the very first show to come from the new and surprisingly warm wooden cabin, there were a number of unexpected technical problems with our new set-up, that we weren't aware of until it was showtime. Went on air at 6pm, ipod on one channel, vinyl on the other channel ready to go. First song was supposed to 'Tonight Tonight' by the Smashing Pumpkins. Pressed play on the iPod. No sound. Apologised to the listeners and instead lined up 'Vienna' by Ultravox on the turntable. Launched the record, again no sound. Panicked and left listeners with the first bit of (decent) music I could locate on the MTS back-up computer, while we tried to locate the tech issue. 'Linger' by the Cranberries was the song. Having failed to fix the issue, luckily I had with me a few USB sticks that I use to store digital music I am sent before transferring it to mp3 disc or buying it on vinyl. So thanks to pure fat, the show was a very improvised, spur-of-the-moment affair that was rather enjoyable. I used to love The Cranberries in the mid 90's, and played those first two albums a lot. Completely unaware of everything they did after 1996, though. One day I will investigate, when I feel the time is right...


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...