REWIND: Screaming Lord Sutch - 'Till the Following Night'

Halloween. What a load of bollocks. Out of all the special days of the year, it's the one that I see as the most pointless. I'm all up for kids going out dressed up as monsters and having fun, but when so-called "grown ups" use it as an excuse to dress like a twat all week and get bladdered, then the appeal wears very thin indeed. But since all the other music sites (and most of the people I follow on Twitter) are featuring Halloween-themed tunes, I'm going to pitch in with one that a lot of people won't know. It absolutely shits all over 'Thriller' too. Quite a coincidence I should play this particular artist, since the other day my good friend Jason B gave me a signed Screaming Lord Sutch 7" single, acquired from one of the Lord's close friends. I've also been finding out a bit more about the man, and had no idea that he was also the founder and leader of the Monster Raving Loony Party... The first time I heard this song was when UK psychobilly legends Frenzy covered it for their 2006 album 'Nitro Boy', and I was VERY tempted to feature their version for today's 'Rewind'. But an intro featuring a blood-curdling scream from the one and only Joe Meek? Too good not to feature! Frenzy's cover version, featuring a fantastic video, is below the Sutch original...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...