REWIND: David Bowie - 'Station To Station'

Earlier on in the year I contributed towards God Is In The TV's 'Bowie Month', which coincided with the release of the polymath's comeback album 'The Next Day'. Amongst other things, I reviewed the new LP, put together a few awesome 'Best Of Bowie' compilations, and wrote "an open love letter from me to my idol", which can be seen HERE. This article features memories of buying the superb 'Station To Station' album... "Back then (in the mid 90's) I was under the impression that the records he released from 1971 to 1974 were the main ones that needed to be heard. That changed when I bought a cassette of ‘Station To Station’ from the HMV in Bristol. The opening title track was an extraordinary mini opus that took my ears on a journey, a paranoid multipart groove that was one of the most infectious things I had ever heard. The music on that record taught me yet another side to Bowie, and despite being only six tracks long, it delivers more than enough in terms of essential music. It’s a masterpiece, and that’s a fact..."

In other Bowie-related news, he releases a deluxe 3 CD version of 'The Next Day' (already!) next month in November. 



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...