Track Of The Day: Elvis Costello And The Roots - 'Walk Us Uptown'

An unlikely and mismatched pairing, new wave icon Elvis Costello teams up with Philadelphia hip hop kings The Roots for a unique collaborative album. Having only heard this LP twice so far, it is admittedly a difficult thing for me to get my head around. When I first heard this I was (strangely) reminded of late 90's indie types Hurricane #1, or rather the breakbeat-stuffed remixes that used to sometimes feature on the B sides of their singles. Probably the first time Costello has ever been compared to Andy Bell's old band. 'Wise Up Ghost And Other Songs' is a record that I'm not particularly fond of overall, but this lead track provides a clear highlight.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...