A-Z: Admiral Bailey - 'Big Belly Man'

If the wind changes, you'll stay like that.
Yesterday's edition of my radio show The BPS Broadcast was fun as always. Made even more fun by the presence of my friend Jason B in the studio, which made for a more humorous show, humour that provided a slight distraction from the amount of technical errors, skipping CDs, memory blanks (sorry Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce for referring to you as "the other two") and my awful pronunciation of Vieux Farka Touré's name. Another mishap took place during my regular '1 To Z' feature, where each week I play two artists from my record collection, gradually working my way through every single band or act whose music I own. This time it was the turn of The 101ers and Admiral Bailey, and the 101ers CD I had brought with me refused to even play any of the tracks. Technology, you cunt.

Luckily our equipment did allow me to treat listeners to a blast of this 1987 dancehall classic from Admiral Bailey, which I hadn't heard in a long time. This was the sort of ragga that I was heavily into during my "punk years", after recognising many links between this music and punk rock... Admiral Bailey (born Glendon Bailey) is a Jamaican dancehall deejay who enjoyed his greatest success between the mid-1980s and the early 1990s. He now lives in Jamaica, and has been described as "the hottest dancehall star of the late 1980s"...




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...