REWIND: 3 Colours Red - 'This Is My Time'

Those who listen to my weekly radio show The BPS Broadcast may be aware of my regular feature '1 To Z', where each week I play you three tracks from my record collection, gradually building up an endless list of every single band and artist whose music I own. I thought it would be a good idea to also feature those tracks here as part of Rewind, amongst the usual random musical treasures. 

I bought you Two Wounded Birds yesterday, but today I'm going to go back to the first track I played on the radio show as part of '1 To Z', which is 3 Colours Red's 'Beautiful Day', from the 1999 LP 'Revolt'. But since I featured that same song as a 'Song For Today', when this site was known as 'Mr Scott:Music' (that post can be found HERE), I'm going to bring you the lovely 'This Is My Time', from the same period.

I remember buying this album at the very beginning of that year, as the start of January lacked any big, notable or highly anticipated releases. Due to there not being many big selling records out at that time of year, 'Beautiful Day' sold enough copies to earn a number 11 UK chart hit, and the album went to number 17. 'This Is My Time' entered the charts at number 36.


Its lush string sounds and classy production can be credited to producer Dave Eringa, best known for working with the Manics.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...